12 Stats That Prove Direct Mail is Not Dead
If you think direct mail is dead, these statistics will make you think again. When customized with imagery, messaging, and offers that are relevant to the reader, direct mail marketing is an instant winner. See Infographic
- On average, Americans receive 605 emails and 16.8 pieces of mail every week.
- For roughly every 36 emails you receive on average, you get 1 piece of mail in your mailbox.
- The average lifespan of an email is 17 seconds, compared to direct mail’s average lifespan of 17 days.
- 73% of American consumers say they prefer being contacted by brands via direct mail because they can read it whenever they want.
- 58% of the mail American households receive is direct mail marketing.
- 59% of US respondents say they enjoy getting mail from brands about new products.
- 60% of catalog recipients visit the website of the company that mailed them the catalog.
- Up to 90% of direct mail gets opened, compared to only 20-30% of emails.
- Prospects are 15% more likely to respond to an oversized direct mail piece if they have never done business with you.
- Per USPS, 98% of people check their physical mail daily and Americans spend upwards of 30 minutes with their mail on a single occasion.
- 68% of marketing respondents said combining direct mail and digital marketing increased website visits.
- 60% of marketing respondents said combining digital and direct mail increased ROI.
Before building your next marketing campaign, consider direct mail advertising.
Direct mail is not dead and it’s actually a great way to reach a current or potential customer. If you’re considering implementing a direct mail campaign into your marketing plan, contact us today!
At BR Printers we speak to your customer by building relevancy into your direct mail programs through personalization, customizing messaging, and offers that engage and resonate with your target audience. Our direct mail capabilities include postcard options, jumbo mailers, or neighborhood campaigns.