- The Offset Web Press Operator is responsible for routine aspects of press operation by performing manual and machine operator tasks. They will manage the set-up, maintenance and operation of the offset presses. The Offset Web Press focus is in achieving quality and throughput goals while maximizing press output. The primary responsibilities of the Offset Web Press Operator are to keep the presses running and staged for upcoming jobs. They will be responsible for ensuring that presses are supplied properly prior to print production, to ensure maximize efficiency.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Demonstrate commitment to safety
- Perform job duties in accordance with company safety policies and procedures
- Understand job ticket information to determine quantity, stock specifications, special work instructions, and any other special customer requirements
- Review the schedule and stage required stock and materials needed for upcoming jobs
- Assist with the removal, replacement, and maintenance of rollers
- Responsible for weekly preventive maintenance and housekeeping duties
- Assist with decisions regarding the quality of finished product
- Complete required quality inspections
- Work with peers and other departments to improve quality and performance
- Contribute to overtime needs to meet customer demands
- Understand department communication systems, schedules, time and attendance system and job reporting requirements
Experience, Traits and Skills
- Offset Web Pres Experience
- Mechanical aptitude
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Good color perception
- Proactively looks for improvements to work processes using available tools and resources.
- Seeks root cause to quality problems
- Meets deadlines and responsibilities to help team meet goals
- Good Communicator- listens to others’ opinions and values
- Team Player
- Honesty and accountability– maintains confidentiality and demonstrates support of company values
- Meets commitments, works independently, accepts accountability, stays focused under pressure, meets attendance/punctuality requirements
- Adapts to change and adjusts to meet needs
- A high school diploma or general education diploma is required.
- 1-3 years of similar work experience in the printing industry.
- Ability to stand 10 -12 hours
- Must be able to use hands for grasping product, pushing & pulling skids of product using manual pallet jack, reaching above shoulder height at times
- Must be able to lift up to of 50 lbs.
- Frequent bending, lifting, walking, and climbing stairs of press
National Graphic Solutions offers competitive wages and excellent benefits which include health, dental, disability, life insurance, and 401(K) plan with company match.
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 10-hour shifts
Currently hiring for 2 shifts:
1st Shift: 6:00 am – 4:00 pm Monday – Thursday
2nd Shift 4:00 pm – 2:00 am Monday – Thursday