The Fulfillment Manager directs and manages the Order Fulfilment Unit within the Supply Chain Operations Team and specifically the Order Fulfilment Specialists’ activities for the core and non-core products. The Manager is responsible for serving as the technical reference for the function as well as the development and maintenance of the standard operating procedures and work instructions for the order fulfilment function.
The Manager is responsible for the function performance across the Order Fulfilment Unit and for related continuous improvement identification and progress. The Order Fulfilment Manager will coordinate and liaise with the other cross functional Managers to ensure the timely Order Fulfilment process, to meet the needs of the customer. The Order Fulfilment Manager will be accountable for ensuring client demands and contractual obligations are met for the procurement of all commodities and will be a key contributor to the strategic design and implementation of the Order Fulfilment role.
The Manager is also responsible for team performance on key performance indicators and staff management, development, support and coaching of Order Fulfilment Specialists. This position reports to the VP of Operations.
- Support Supply Chain Operations to implement strategy and objectives to provide quality and timely service.
- Actively pursue and collaborate in tactical and strategic initiatives to create greater effectiveness and efficiency of operations.
- Oversee teams’ performance, including turnaround time.
- Serve as a resource on product technical issues and Order Fulfilment process matters.
- Develop and maintain standard operating procedures and work instructions, including periodic reviews and updates.
- Responsible for check and quality.
- Manage the Order Fulfilment team members to make sure uniform processes are in place throughout the Unit.
- Manage continuous operational process improvement identification and plans to implement changes.
- Monitor the prompt contribution from an Order Fulfilment perspective, Order-related complaints and incidents in collaboration with other departments as needed.
- Ensure client demands and contractual obligations are met and serve as a key contributor to the strategic design and implementation of fulfillment strategy.
- Track new incoming orders and assign them as needed.
- Review process indicators to proactively spot outliers; and advise and oversee recommendations for resolution.
- Oversee vendor, client service and principal recipient relations to ensure satisfaction and resolve any issues.
- Oversee order fulfilment management and issue resolutions.
- Provide regular progress and status reports.
- Coordinate the preparation and actively participate in operational review meetings.
- Oversee the preparation of all order fulfilment status reports and serve as the lead for operational reviews.
- Coordinate inputs for the development of performance reports.
- Where applicable, be responsible for RFQ and vendor selection.
- Know, follow and implement all guidelines and policies.
- Organize, lead and manage the Order Fulfilment Unit in full accordance with policies, standard operating procedures and work instructions in collaboration with the senior team members.
- Manage staff and team performance at company level and individual staff level, and periodically evaluate the performance of individual staff.
- Collaborate and/or liaise with other units and departments as necessary to ensure information, documentation and communication is provided and maintained.
- Responsible to develop and maintain an on-boarding training program and regular refresher training for team and new hires on processes.
- Perform additional duties as necessary to increase team capacity and maintain performance, working with senior staff; and other duties as directed.
- Bachelor’s Degree in procurement, supply chain management, business, or other related areas or equivalent experience.
- A minimum of 2 years in procurement, project management, supply chain management.
- Fluency in English is required, other languages a plus.
- Experience in managing staff and strong project leadership is required.
- Experience with supply chain management system required.
- Previous customer relationship management experience a plus.
- Demonstrated ability to manage projects within tight timelines driven by client reporting requirements.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with strong interpersonal skills.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to perform multiple tasks simultaneously, set priorities and work in a team with diverse cultural backgrounds.
- Proven ability to work both independently with little supervision, as well as part of a team.
- Proficiency in using database applications with the ability to focus on delivering high- quality client services.
- Ability to work comfortably with Microsoft Office software, specifically Word, Excel, and PowerPoint and Project.