- An Entry Level Maintenance/Machine Technician supports all machine maintenance in the facility. Compensation is based on skill set.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Demonstrate commitment to safety and perform job duties in accordance with company safety policies and procedures.
- In this role, you will be responsible for performing basic repairs and preventative/responsive maintenance on production equipment, facility buildings, grounds, and furnishings as needed.
- Perform maintenance of electrical systems (replace light bulbs and sockets, clean and repair circuit breaker panels, etc.)
- A Preventative Maintenance Technician supports all machine maintenance in the facility.
- Responsible for following all plant and department-specific safety rules, procedures, and programs.
- Wearing all required personal protective equipment for all plant, department, and task-specific requirements
- Responsible for appropriately escalating safety issues
- Troubleshooting both electrically and mechanically – working with hand tools, belts, lubrication, and hose/piping repairs
- Work with the Maintenance Manager and Production Supervisor relative to equipment issues found during the inspection/preventative maintenance process.
- Responsible for the preventative maintenance backlog and responsible for keeping the backlog to a prescribed amount and less than a prescribed date range.
- All other duties as assigned by the supervisor or management.
- Responsible for approving any newly entered PM.
- Able to maintain all auxiliary systems within the facility.
- Ability to perform duties outside the specific confines of the written PM.
- Capable of fixing what is found and for those that require more resources, capable of filling out necessary work orders to capture and communicate details.
- Function as a Leader for each event to ensure that all issues are resolved during the event.
- Ability to escalate breakdown events and/or unplanned events appropriately by communicating with the shift team lead to get all necessary people (Production Supervisor, Lead Operator, involved to troubleshoot the issue and identify a timeline
Knowledge, Skills, Or Abilities Desired
- Basic understanding of electrical, hydraulic, and pneumatic systems
- Knowledge of general maintenance processes and methods
- Mechanical aptitude
- Working knowledge of tools
- Critical thinking skills.
- Good physical condition and strength with a willingness to work overtime.
- Ability to understand and follow both written and verbal instructions with high level of detail.
- Meets deadlines and responsibilities to help team meet goals, listens to others and values opinions, promotes a team atmosphere.
- Deals with others in a straightforward and honest manner, is accountable for actions, maintains confidentiality, and demonstrates support of company values.
- Meets commitments, works independently, accepts accountability, stays focused under pressure, and meets attendance/punctuality requirements.
- Adapts to change and adjusts to meet needs, is open to new ideas, and takes on new responsibilities as required.
- A high school diploma or general education diploma is required. 0-3 years of similar work experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Ability to stand for 10 -12 hours.
- Must be able to use hands for grasping product, pushing & pulling skids of product using a manual pallet jack, reaching above shoulder height at times.
- Must be able to lift a maximum of 50 lbs.
- Frequent bending, lifting, walking, and climbing stairs of the press.
National Graphic Solutions offers competitive wages and excellent benefits which include health, dental, disability, life insurance, and 401(K) plans with company match.
- 401(k) matching
- Dental Insurance
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 10-hour shifts
Currently hiring for a first shift: 1st Shift: 6:00 am – 4:00 pm Monday – Thursday
Work Location: One location