Essential Job Functions:
- Punches holes in paper sheets, manually or by machine.
- Creases and compresses signatures before affixing covers, either by press or hand.
- Fastens sheets, signatures, or other printed materials together, using hand or machine stapler, or adjusts or tends machine that inserts wire or plastic binding strips into punched holes to fasten pages and covers together.
- Feeds covers, signatures, and sheets into various machines for collating, stitching, trimming, folding, ruling, stapling, roughing, indexing, gluing, and perforating operations.
- Removes, stacks, and packs printed material in various stages of completion on pallets as it accumulates on the delivery table of machines.
- Examines stitched, collated, bound, and unbound publications to ascertain that pages are bound in numerical or folio order according to sample copy, and for such defects as imperfect bindings, ink spots, torn, loose, and uneven pages, and loose and uncut threads.
- Inserts illustrated pages, extra sheets, and collated sets into catalogs, periodicals, directories, pocket portfolios, or loose-leaf binders, and inserts sheets and apply labels to envelopes or periodicals by hand or machine.
- Places paper jackets on acceptable books.
- Applies gold leaf, silver leaf, or metallic foil lettering or designs on covers.
- Applies adhesive tape, mylar strips, and index tabs to sheets by machine.
- Wraps product in plastic, using a shrink-wrapping machine, packs products in boxes, and tapes lids of boxes shut.
- Records daily production.
- Attention to detail.
- Problem-solving skills.
- Ability to lift and move products for an entire 8-hour shift.
- Ability to work and thrive in a fast-paced environment.