Essential Job Functions:
- Contact carriers to request freight quotes for any large shipments based on guidelines provided by the Traffic Department.
- Tracking and expediting shipments.
- Ensure shipments are scheduled to achieve maximum freight savings while maintaining efficiencies in upstream task and jobs.
- Strategically prepare shipments for maximum efficiency.
- Assigns orders based on date specific criteria.
- Coordinate and communicate with departments as necessary to meet ship dates.
- Communicate order data to sales departments.
- Coordinate with material handlers to ensure maximum order fulfillment rate.
- Effectively communicate information from upper management to team.
- Additional duties as assigned by management.
- Logistics Experience.
- UPS World Ship/Fed Ex/LTL experience.
- Ability to access carrier Web Portals.
- Experience with Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Outlook, etc.).
- Attention to detail.
- Problem-solving skills.
- Excellent math skills.
- Ability to lift and move products for an entire 8 hour shift.
- Ability to work and thrive in a fast- paced environment.