BR Printers is adding a full-time Data Analyst to join our team. The Data Analyst is responsible for gathering, analyzing, and interpreting data to help business units make informed decisions. This involves designing and implementing data models, creating dashboards and reports, and using machine learning algorithms to gain insights from large data sets. The Data Analyst is responsible for business to maximize the value of our data assets by using Microsoft Power BI. This position will become a subject matter expert and is responsible for designing and building scalable data models, cleaning, and transforming data, and enabling advanced analytic capabilities that provide meaningful business value through easy-to-comprehend data visualizations. A successful data analyst understands the print industry, logistics, and manufacturing processes. This role will report directly to the Director of Data Engineering.
• Build and make changes to reporting solutions based on business requirements, and present information to get across important issues to different groups of stakeholders.
• Use best practices for star schema design to develop Power BI data models that are optimized for performance and usability.
• Build data pipelines in Azure ASA workspace for extract, transform, and load (ETL). Use best practices to collect data from various sources, transform data according to business rules, and load it into data store for analytics and reporting.
• Perform root-cause analysis for any data issues and suggest options for remediation.
• Define the end-to-end data quality management lifecycle articulating how data quality needs to be managed from source to its target.
• Provide production support to the business for any issues and questions around their reports.
• Evaluate processes for gaps, inefficiencies, and additional opportunities.
• Work with source system owners to build an inventory of data sources and help identify and assess sources of data, including helping define where key data elements are mastered.
• Define multiple data sourcing approaches and strategies, specifically the identification of data availability gaps, and identify the preferred data sourcing approach for each data requirement.
• Support data analytics initiative with background research, interviews, note-taking, business process analysis, data analysis, proofreading and other administrative duties as assigned.
• Design quarterly company IT newsletter with Stripo (no code HTML solution) to communicate IT initiatives, updates, and achievements to the organization.
• Conduct research into logistics, supply chain, and manufacturing operations, including literature reviews, interviews, and site visits if necessary.
• Bachelor’s degree in Business, Accounting, Computer Science, or a related field.
• 2+ years of experience with quantitative and qualitative interpretation of data and data modeling.
• Experience with data modeling for data warehousing, including star and snowflake schema designs.
• Experience with automating and improving manual reporting solutions, including implementing validation procedures.
• A good understanding of Azure services is crucial for the success of this position. Some of the most important services include Azure SQL Database, Azure Data Lake Storage, Azure Analysis Services, and Azure Databricks.
• Strong understanding of data analytics concepts, including statistical analysis, data mining, and predictive modeling.
• Experience with programming languages such as Python, R, and SQL.
• Experience with Microsoft Power Platform applications (power apps, power automate) is a plus.
• Proven experience working with business and data analysts to translate data requirements into functional specifications to enable the building of data platforms.
• Demonstrated self-direction and ability to work independently.
• Exceptional organization skills, detail orientation, and analytical thinking is a must.
• Proven ability to prioritize, juggle many projects at once and meet deadlines.
• Must enjoy problem-solving and be able to learn new software programs quickly and intuitively.